Thursday 19 September 2013

meet.make.root beer floats.

While we were doing our photo-shoot with Nell, we decided we needed a quick and easy treat to indulge in! 

Phillips Intergalactic Root Beer Float

There is nothing new about root beer floats... but these ones were extra tasty as we were using Phillip's Intergalactic Root Beer! 

Phillips is a popular brewery here on Vancouver Island, and you will often find us enjoying a Blue Buck Ale or an Analogue 78 Kolsch. Last year they started brewing sodas, the Intergalactic Root Beer and the delicious Sparkmouth Ginger Ale. 

Phillips Intergalactic Root Beer Float

Mixed with some Country Cream French Vanilla ice cream, this was a pretty tasty treat. It's a great idea for getting together with a group of friends.... no prep required and everyone always enjoys it! 

Phillips Intergalactic Root Beer Float

While Cindy was pregnant she often would enjoy a root beer while the rest of us were enjoying our real beers. The bottles are similar... it's kind of the same thing right? ;)

Phillips Intergalactic Root Beer Float

What are your favourite sodas to mix with ice cream? 




8 comments:

  1. I think a Dr. Pepper float is my favourite...but when I really want a sugar rush I do a cream soda float.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean lovessss root beer floats. Root beer isn't usually my favorite, but really nothing is bad with ice cream! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the branding on the root beer bottle! It's cute and I'm sure it tastes delicious. And now I'm craving a float!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! LOVE their root beer!!!! Definitely need to try the float. Nice work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have never mixed soda with ice cream! :) Sounds yummy though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cream soda with vanilla ice cream. My grandad used to make it for us all the time when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I love artisan root beer! We have a craft beer store near us, and while Drew buys beer, I buy root beer and cream soda. And we found out that breweries make better root beer than soda companies. We love Sprechers Root Beer from the idwest, and I think Goose Island makes a very good one. Now I'll need to ask the craft beer place if they import this Intergalactic one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Katrin - never tried it. To me, this will always be a very American beverage :-)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover