Wednesday 28 November 2012

Hayley's Granny Stripe Blanket


As Steph and I attempt to get through our Crochet-a-long November project, I've become inspired by Alycia of The Curious Pug to document one of my biggest projects to date!
While I have successfully crocheted a few baby blankets for dear friends, I haven't been brave enough to try the ominous task of a Queen sized blanket for my home. 

I was inspired by this Granny Stripe Blanket from The Purl Bee. I love her colour combination choice with the neon! I however, decided to design my blanket in honour of my upcoming wedding in May! I chose the colours of Navy, Peach and Olive (side note: there wasn't a 'cheap-bulk-sized olive, so I picked Green!). I'm using a size 5 crochet hook for this blanket.

I wish I took pictures in the beginning stages, however, I think you get the idea. If you need a little help getting started, check out this video for guidance. I began this project in August, have restarted twice already, and have used two balls of the navy. Ya... I'm going to need more yarn..

Here's what it looks like today!
It's currently taking me approx. 30 mins to complete a row, so perhaps I have ..... well, alot more hours to go until completion. This means, come back to our blog and check out my progress! GOAL: To be finished for my May Wedding! 5 Months, 27 Days, 2 Hours, 39 Mintues. But who's counting anyway.

3 comments:

  1. You can do it!
    This looks great so far! I'm lovin' the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! Looks so awesome! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover