Sunday 19 August 2012

meet.make.white sangria.

Part 3 of our summer mocktail series! Oh Wait.... there is alcohol in this one.... 



I came across this recipe through a good ol' google search a couple of years ago. I wrote it down, and have used it for parties and hot summer days since. I cannot for the life of me find the original source, but whomever you are, I thank you! 

What I love about this recipe is the use of the cinnamon, mint, and cloves. It gives it a bit of a subtle spice flavour that really compliments the fruit.



You will need:

  • 1 cup water
  • 1 small bunch of fresh mint
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3-5 cloves
  • 4 short cinnamon sticks
  • 1 litre white wine
  • 1/2 cup Grand Marnier (optional)
  • 1 750 ml bottle of sparkling apple cider
  • 1/2-1 cup of orange juice
  • 2 apples cut into chunks
  • 2 oranges slicked thin
  • 2 peaches, peeled and chunked



In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the water, mint, sugar, cloves and cinnamon. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, then remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature.


Remove and discard the mint leaves, cloves, and cinnamon sticks, then pour the mixture into a large punch bowl or serving pitcher. Mix in all remaining ingredients, cover and refrigerate overnight. 


Serve chilled over ice and enjoy! 

This recipe is easy to double or triple.... and recommended if you have lots of guests around, because it goes fast! Even Stella wanted a sip...


14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that sounds delicious! I have to try it! What a great idea!
    And I love the picture of Stella! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I love white wine sangria. I also love drinking out of jars. We don't even have cups in our house :). Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing post, looks so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love white sangria, and I've been looking for a good recipe and this may just fit the bill. It's a great summertime drink! Found you on ISBMTF. Hope you can stop by and say 'hi'.

    househoneys.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried white wine sangria. I just bookmarked this recipe- it looks yummy!

    Crochet Clouds

    ReplyDelete
  7. One word: Yummy!!

    I love indulging in good food and drinks.

    The perfect match for me would be a sweet cocktail and some sweet dessert, like the carrot cake I made recently {http://leboer.blogspot.de/2012/08/carrot-cake-without-frosting.html}...oh I'm getting of topic ;)

    Lovely post!!

    <3 Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want one right now, can I come over?!
    Thanks for linking up with us at the CHQ Blog Hop last week! We're so glad you joined us and hope you found some fun new blogs to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This almost makes me wish that I drank alcohol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, looks so good! It's only 7 am, but I wish I could try one! Cute kitty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The spices sound fantastic! I've never had sangria like this.
    Visiting from Wednesday Whatsits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious... and I love that your cats name is Stella - my daughters name is Stella, and we are convinced she is a cat. She loves sitting on a stool and staring out the window in the sunshine, just like a cat :)

    Thanks for linking up to our Keep Calm & Link up party - hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing. I love the use of fresh fruit! Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays! Please note, I changed my blog name from Jam's Corner to This Gal Cooks. Same blog, different name. www.thisgalcooks.com I hope to see you at next week's party!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've been featured! Thanks for linking up at Wednesday Whatsits. :)
    http://www.whitelightsonwednesday.com/2012/08/wednesday-whatsits-24.html

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover